The UNC School of Government Lead for North Carolina program and the Strategic Partnerships office in OSBM initiated an effort to match students without summer internships or jobs due to COVID-19 with local government and nonprofit organizations in need of additional capacity due to COVID-19.
Partners in this effort include Hometown Strong, NC Association of County Commissioners, NC League of Municipalities, NC Rural Center, and NC colleges and universities.
As described in the press release, the NC COVID-19 Student Response Corps has placed interns in positions across the state with many organizations still expressing interest in hosting an intern. In 2020, over 130 positions were filled through the Response Corps.
Recordings from the NC COVID-19 Student Response Corps Trainings
- Local Government 101
- Nonprofit 101
- Effective Public Sector Communications
- Understanding Organizations / Organizational Theory
- Professional Research
- Grant Writing
- Business Process Reengineering
- NC’s Challenges and Opportunities
NC Covid-19 Speaker Series
- Secretary Penny, Department of Revenue
- Kevin Leonard, Merald Holoway, Julie Metz, NC Association of County Commissioners, NC-100, and NC League of Municipalities
- Secretary Hamilton, Department of Natural and Cultural Resources
- Career Services Professionals
- Mike Sprayberry, Director of Emergency Management
- Mo Green, Executive Director of the Z Smith Reynolds Foundation