Below is a copy of the application to enter the Stateville Neighborhood Yard Contest! Working with the South side Initiative task force, I created the logo and application for the very exciting new contest. The task force is a program that was created to focus on the revitalization of neighborhoods located in the southern most areas of Statesville, specifically across Garner Bagnal Boulevard. This contest focuses on motivations from the Code Enforcement Office of Statesville to give residents a chance to catch up on the maintenance of their homes’ exterior. The task force understands that life happens, and so arrangements were made with the sanitation department to pick up normally uncollectable items and deposit them appropriately at no cost to the residents—a deal that is only available for contest participants. Arrangements have also been coordinated to provide trash bags and gloves, as well as information on what flowers can be planted and proper practices for mulching, etc. were distributed by the nearby community center.
Applications went out on March 20th, and the judging will begin in May! Stay tuned for the results of many hours of dedicated time securing vendors, prizes, and clean yards!
“Thank you for your interest in keeping the neighborhoods of Statesville clean! We appreciate your willingness to participate in the first annual Statesville Neighborhood Spring Yard Contest and support our effort to beautify our community.
Together with our generous sponsor I-Care, INC this contest will recognize the efforts of residents, whether they are owners or tenants, who demonstrate a clear and consistent desire to maintain or improve their respective properties. This contest can only make our city Statesville a better place to live, pass through, and enjoy. Plus, see below to see the amazing prizes!
Properties are eligible to participate if they are within the following area:
- South of Garner Bagnal Blvd. and North of Concord Ave.
- West of Shelton Ave. and East of Randolph St.
By applying, you agree to the following rules/requirements:
- Entries must include a before and after picture of their property.
- Applications MUST include owner/tenant name, address, phone number, and email address.
- All entries must be received by April 29th, 2022.
- City of Statesville Sanitation Department will remove for contestants ONLY, (contained) unwanted items placed for trash pickup including tires, paint cans, building materials, etc. during the month of April. To arrange pick up please contact Mr. Russell Brown at 704-832-3825.
Judging will begin the week of May 15th, 2022. Awards will be given May 26th, 2022. Winners are judged solely on the total exterior appearance of their properties.
We are judging for cleanliness above all, not just decoration.
- Overall appearance, tidiness, and neatness of the total yard.
- Lawn must be mowed, and shrubs trimmed.
- Plants, landscaping, birdhouses patio/lawn furniture, and potted plants are encouraged.
- Free of litter, junk, and debris.
- No appliances or indoor furniture on the front porch.
- Must be free of junked or inoperable vehicles.
- Must have no parking on the lawn.
The committee would be happy to offer recommendation for you to make your yard a success, please contact the Bentley Community Center at (704) 380-2600 to schedule an appointment.
- $100 gift card,
- Restaurant gift certificate
Again, THANK YOU for helping us keep our community beautiful!”